INSITEVIEW- - tom shugart's weblog

Sunday, October 20, 2002

Southerly Company


I complain about a TV show going south (see Thursday’s post), but my blog’s not faring any better lately. My wife says that if I’m reduced to writing about a banal TV drama series, my blogging’s in bad shape.

She’s right. I’m in another one of my slumps. When I get into these frames of mind, I start to entertain thoughts about getting out of blogging altogether. Then something comes along to kick me in the pants--maybe a post that somebody puts up; maybe an admonishment from my spouse; maybe, like yesterday, somebody I never heard of drops by out of the blue and leaves a comment along the lines of, “Hey, stumbled onto your site. Nice stuff.”

So, I’ll dust myself off and try to keep going--even though I don’t have a clue as to what I want to write about next. I guess that’s part of the adventure of being a blogger. Adventure—reason enough, I suppose, to struggle with keeping a blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home