INSITEVIEW- - tom shugart's weblog

Monday, June 30, 2003

Re-Thinking My Despair

Thanks to Adina Levin for her link to an article in the Washington Post which describes the impressive progress being made by Howard Dean in his use of the Internet for advancing his campaign.

In my previous post, I expressed my despair about the seeming inability of Dean or anyone else to amass the kind of funds that would be needed to stand a chance against the Bush juggernaut. Well, maybe I've been guilty of not getting it about the potential of the Net in a political campaign. As the article points out, the Net has been used with some success by Jesse Ventura and John McCain. And now Dean is apparently doing a good job of taking it to the next level.

Maybe there’s hope after all. Maybe a grass roots miracle can actually be brought to bear. You can be sure that I'm going to start following the Dean Internet effort more closely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home