INSITEVIEW- - tom shugart's weblog

Thursday, August 28, 2003

Type You Read and Type You Are

Several nice discoveries as I continue to try to play catch-up with my favorite bloggers:

Dervala’s blog, always to a delight to read, is now a feast for the eye as well. She’s made the switch to Movable Type. I love the look of those MT blogs, but the conversion looks a bit overwhelming for dummy types like myself. I'm afraid my readers will have to continue to suffer along with this same old boring, crappy Blogger template.

Dervala writes today about her love of the Myers-Briggs type indicator. I respect her opinion, but I don’t share it. When it comes to typology, I much prefer the Enneagram.

Once upon a time, in a fit of career malaise, I paid a consultant a ridiculous fee to help me get out of the muck. It was one of my worst buying decisions ever.

The Myers-Briggs was included in his fee, but I gave up on it because I couldn't figure out how to answer many of the questions. I found that my choice of answers depended on my mood of the moment, so I said to hell with it—how could this be a reliable measure of anything?

The consultant said I was incorrigible, and if I wanted to have a fucked career, he wouldn't stand in my way. He didn't and I didn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home