INSITEVIEW- - tom shugart's weblog

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

In Rememberence of the Kent State Four

Thanks to Frank Paynter for reading the roll of our four murdered comrades.

Here's a link to an account of the event.

On this day three years ago, Eric Olsen, a native Ohioan, later to become the founding editor of Blog Critics, wrote this very interesting perspective in remembering the tragedy.

"I am of the opinion that May 4, 1970 was the day Youth Culture completed its ascendancy to dominance in the United States. The process had begun fifteen years earlier in movie theaters across the country as the electrifying downbeat of Bill Haley’s “Rock Around the Clock” opened The Blackboard Jungle, a shocking film for its time, and ignited the rock ‘n’ roll explosion."

Eric's sharp insight inspired me to post a related personal experience--which remains one of my favorites from my archives. (Wish I coud blog like that every day).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home