INSITEVIEW- - tom shugart's weblog

Thursday, October 10, 2002

Sorry, Richard

Richard Cody, who lives in my neighboring city of Oakland, is unhappy with all the baseball news splattered across the front pages of the local papers. I love Richard’s blog, but I have to respectfully take issue with him on this one.

Jeez, Richard! It’s playoff time and the locals are in it (or “were” in the case of the A’s). For we fans, it’s exciting stuff. C’mon, cut us some slack. Since when have newspapers not played to the currently prevailing preoccupations of the community? Better this than the murders and other sleaze that usually sully the front pages.

OK, having got that out of the way, let me now turn nicey-nice and apologize to Richard for having overlooked him on my blogroll. Ten lashes to my backside for enjoying his excellent blog and neglecting to reciprocate his link. He even referred to my blog on one occasion as “illustrious.” That’s worth another ten lashes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home