INSITEVIEW- - tom shugart's weblog

Tuesday, April 23, 2002

Halley's Reminder

I've been trying to catch up on some of my blog reading today. Once again, I've been falling behind on some of my favorites. One in particular that I'll mention is Halley Suitt. Her Dad died last week and Halley writes about being present at his passing.

What a gift she has for conveying not only the emotion of the moment, but the meaning as well. While the occasion is obviously sad and painful, Halley also makes it extremely uplifting. I was present when my own father passed on, and from my experience, I can say that Halley just hits it right on the head when she says:


` "Do you wonder if there is a soul? I don't. You can feel it fly out of the room. I did with my mom. And I did with my dad. It's beyond religious. It's primal and basic. It's a lively vital force of nature that has gone out of the body it once animated. I knew when he went. I was happy for him.”

Thanks, Halley, for giving us such a vivid reminder that we are Spirit and not Flesh. This is one of those fundamental verities that escapes our consciousness most of the time. We need great communicators like Halley to keep things in perspective. No wonder I love bloggerdom!

Halley, we're with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home