INSITEVIEW- - tom shugart's weblog

Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Matrullo On Blogging

Tom Matrullo's comments on why he blogs are so perfectly representative of my own that I'm compelled to quote them in their entirety. He says it better than I could, so I'll let him do the talking:

"I think blogging is inciting people to capture epiphanies, images, memories that might otherwise have gotten away. But I don't necessarily think this need occur in the form of a re- or pre-hearsal with an audience in mind. One of the best things to come out of it for me, anyway, is the experience of reading across a bunch of blogs and gradually forming a perception or observation which is partly based on that reading, and partly on ideas or insights that might have formed years ago, but only now seem to find a venue for delivery. That's sort of what blogging does - deliver one of thoughts, memories, etc. that otherwise might have languished for want of venue and impetus"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home