INSITEVIEW- - tom shugart's weblog

Tuesday, October 22, 2002

Nothing To Figure Out

Elaine is attempting to channel some cosmic powers on behalf of b!x’s upcoming birthday. She’s going to create a “virtual magical artifact,” made up of our various inputs, and zap it into the blogosphere. It will be interesting to see what it turns out to be.

Normally, I’m too cynical to participate in such matters, but, hey, I’m not going to take a chance on pissing off the Crone of Blogaria, and getting some negative magical artifacts beamed my way. Besides, I’m certainly all for some positive collective energy going b!x’s way. Happy 33rd, b!x! Elaine, I’ll have your requested phrase by tomorrow.

Anticipating the upcoming birthday, b!x bemoans the fact that he hasn’t yet figured out what he wants to do when he grows up. His mother and I, having the perspective of sixty-plus years each, have both commented to him that we never did figure it out, and in the end, it didn’t much matter. Things have a way of working out if you just stay focused on the choice that's right in front of you.

I wish that I had been able to understand that earlier in my life. I sure would have saved a lot of effort, money, and frustration trying to figure out the big picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home