INSITEVIEW- - tom shugart's weblog

Thursday, September 11, 2003

Incurable Pessimism

Shelley seems a bit miffed that I reacted so literally to what she had to say about the Dean campaign and political sentiment in the Heartland.

My glass-is-half-empty tendencies get the best of me at times. Probably my way of dealing with anxiety. Just ask my kids. They can tell you stories about the times I've turned the TV off at halftime when my team was behind, stalked out of the room proclaiming the fucked-ness of the team’s chances, only to give the kids the delicious opportunity of informing me later that our team made a miraculous comeback in the fourth quarter.

I would be only too happy to be a similar object of ridicule should the Dems somehow pull off a victory in ’04.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home