INSITEVIEW- - tom shugart's weblog

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A New Finger Opportunity


It takes me so damned long to catch on to cool Web stuff. Today, I finally discovered bugmenot.com -- a nifty little site that lets you bypass the annoying requirement of having to enter tons of personal info in order to access a site's content. How many hours have I wasted doing that?

Seeing as how newspapers are among the worst practitioners of this irritation, it's amazing that I gleaned this info right off the pages of the NY Times--on a front page story, no less. They already have my registration info, so in their case, bugmenot.com isn't going to make any difference. But there will be many others in the future for which I will now be able to give the finger when I want to view some of their content. It almost makes me giddy.

All you have to do is go to bugmenot and enter the URL of the content site you want to enter. Bugmenot returns a user name and password and, bingo, you're in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home