INSITEVIEW- - tom shugart's weblog

Friday, May 03, 2002

Is Your Appreciation Unspoken?

In an exchange of emails with Halley Suitt, in which I expressed my appreciation for her very fine blog, she wrote something that I think is worth sharing:

"I swear, I can't get over how little people appreciate
others' efforts for the most part on a day-to-day
basis. Actually, it's even worse than that. People
DO appreciate others efforts, including well-written
blogs, books, good music, good deeds, but RARELY take
the time to say so.

I think the neglect leads to ... hurt feelings,
misunderstandings, grudges, general unnecessary
sadness and even WARS for god's sake."


Right you are Halley. I wish I had learned sooner than I did about how valuable a little acknowledgement can be. It' s certainly not anything they teach in school.

Hint to anybody who's been thinking about complimenting someone on his/her blog--DO IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home