INSITEVIEW- - tom shugart's weblog

Sunday, July 21, 2002

The Complexity of Thanks

I've been out of the blogging loop this week, and I missed Dorothea's excellent post earlier this week. She applied her customary sharp analysis to the question of acknowledging the work of other bloggers that one likes. Previously and fervently, Jeneane and I had urged that, if you see a blog you like, tell the author.

Dorothea points out that it's a multi-layered question--not quite so simple as Jeneane and I were making it out to be. I won't attempt to summarize her points here, but I will quote her summation:

"So in my quiet nonentity sort of way, let me sum up: I don’t ask for email or comments or pings or links or blogroll spots or money from CavLec readers. Just because I don’t ask for them doesn’t mean they’re not welcome, however. My blogroll is just a blogroll; if you aren’t on it, it doesn’t mean I don’t like you or your blog. "

Check out Dorothea's entire post for a well-thought out point of view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home